ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (FIELD SALES)
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and beautiful products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that foster goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team. The position of Account Executive (Field Sales) will be located in our Washington, D.C office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
As an Account Executive at Interfolio, you will:
- Research and qualify net new business prospects (with support from an Inside Sales team).
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, and more (with support from Marketing and Inside Sales teams).
- Responsible for active prospecting and cold call outreach (with support from an Inside Sales team).
- Build a plan to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction within your territory and/or named accounts.
- Work with other departments to prioritize, coordinate and apply resources where needed.
- Exceeding activity, pipeline and revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
- Demonstrating and selling value to key partners across a complex university hierarchy.
- Responsible for learning and clearly understanding all of our products and services.
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting skills, specifically when presented with an issue you can dig deep, ask questions to get to the root of the problem and resolve efficiently.
- Able to effectively demo the products via web presentations and onsite meetings.
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events.
- We view this as a senior level position; you will have excellent time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and motivate yourself to success.
- Report to VP, Sales
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A big part of your day is going to be spent communicating with prospective clients and coordinating with your manager and your designated Field Sales representatives. Strong communication skills and team attitude are a requirement.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Smart and strategic mind – we work with top level academic personnel
- Open to learning and seeking opportunities for professional development
- Outgoing and hungry to be successful
- Strong desire to advance your career in Sales
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Standout colleague and a commitment to contribute to a high-functioning team
- Adaptable in an exciting environment – we’re a start up!
In addition, you should:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience selling SaaS solutions.
- Experience selling in Higher Education is preferred.
- Be able to speak and write in fluently English (as a minimum requirement)
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
To apply, please visit the job posting: Account Executive (Field Sales)