SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and beautiful products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that foster goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team. The position of Sales Development Representative will be located in our Washington, D.C office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
As an Sales Development representative at Interfolio, you will:
- Research and qualify net new business prospects.
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, and more.
- Work with and directly support designated Field Sales representatives within a shared territory.
- Strive to achieve individual and team goals.
- Maintain responsibility for active prospecting and cold call outreach.
- Learn and understand all of our products and services.
- Effectively demo the products via web presentations.
- Assist Field Sales reps with building value and creating higher potential proposals.
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events.
- Report to the Manager of Sales Development.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A big part of your day is going to be spent communicating with prospective clients and coordinating with your manager and Field Sales representative. You should have strong communication skills and be a standout colleague.
If you’re right for this job, these statements will describe you:
- You’re smart and strategic – we work with top level academic personnel.
- You’re open to learning and seeking opportunities for professional development.
- You’re outgoing and hungry to be successful.
- You have a strong desire to advance your career in Sales (we love to promote from within!).
- You have strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- You’re a great teammate
- You’re adaptable in an exciting environment – we’re a start up!
In addition, you should:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Be able to speak and write in fluently English (as a minimum requirement)
- Live within commutable distance of our office in Washington, D.C.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, generous paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
To apply, please visit the job posting: Sales Development Representative