ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (FIELD SALES)
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and appealing products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that cultivate goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team. We are considering remote employees for this position. We would strongly prefer Account Executives based in IL, IN, or OH.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
As an Account Executive at Interfolio, you will:
- Master our diverse product portfolio and the competitive landscape.
- Build and maintain a territory-based pipeline with detailed notes and staging in Salesforce.
- Research, identify, and qualify net new business prospects (with support from a Sales Development team).
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, etc. (with support from Marketing and Sales Development teams).
- Be responsible for active prospecting and cold call outreach (with support from a Sales Development team).
- Build a plan to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction within your territory.
- Experienced delivery and execution of Challenger deck and technical product demos.
- Work with other departments to prioritize, coordinate and apply resources where needed.
- Meeting or exceeding activity, pipeline and revenue goals on a quarterly basis.
- Demonstrate and sell value to key partners across a complex university hierarchy.
- Effectively demo Interfolio’s suite of products via web presentations and onsite meetings.
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events.
- We view this as a senior level position; you will be responsible for developing a GTM strategy which will include the deployment of your region’s outreach efforts between you, your Associate Account Executive, and your Sales Development Representative. As such, you will have excellent time management, mentoring, leadership and multitasking skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and motivate yourself to success.
- Report to Chief Commercial Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A big part of your day is going to be spent communicating with prospective clients and coordinating with your manager. Strong communication skills and team attitude are requirements.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Smart and strategic mind – we work with top level academic personnel
- Open to learning and seeking opportunities for professional development
- Outgoing and hungry to be successful
- Demonstrate high accountability and ownership over pipeline
- Strong desire to advance your career in Sales – the unapologetic sales professional
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Standout colleague and committed to a high-functioning team
- Adaptable in an exciting environment – we’re a start up!
In addition, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise SaaS solutions with a $50k+ ACV.
- Education and/or Ed Tech industry experience/knowledge preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with Solution Selling and Challenger methodology preferred.
- Experience with extrapolating value from a functionally robust platform in an effort to solve real problems vs sell features.
- History of achievement: Proven and consistent track record of exceeding revenue goals and closing complex, multi-year deals.
- Ability to lead complex sales process at the C-level (CIO, CTO, CFO, Provosts, Presidents).
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement).
- Willing and able to travel up to 40% of the time.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
To apply, please visit the job posting: http://interfolioinc.applytojob.com/apply/vyiJRY/Account-Executive-Field-Sales