Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and beautiful products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that foster goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Engineering team. This position will be located in our Washington, D.C. office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
You’d be joining a great team with strong culture and a growing UXD discipline.
The primary focus of the Architect is to drive high-level approach and technology choices to suit a range of considerations and support those choices through to successful adoption and implementation by the engineering team as a whole. In addition to tackling team problems, the Architect will propose approaches to solving larger feature sets on the roadmap.
As an Architect at Interfolio at Interfolio, you will:
- Work on a mix of projects simultaneously
- Identify options and trade offs for upcoming products/feature sets
- Provide assessments of technologies and their application to our stack
- Provide leadership in key strategic areas starting with document ingestion and search
- Assist with sprint work especially as it pertains to recommendations the architect has made
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The role of Architect/Senior Developer is dynamic and will have to juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Success in this role will be determined by how successfully adopted and how effectively utilized his/her recommendations are in the service of Interfolio’s strategic and tactical priorities. As such, this person will need to help the team overcome hurdles, address concerns the team may have with a particular design or technology choice, win buy-in from leadership and teammates. Given the medium-term Interfolio roadmap, special emphasis will be given to acumen with database and search technologies.
Skills we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in software development or hands-on architecture in a cloud-hosted, SaaS product suite (AWS experience a plus)
- Demonstrated leadership on making informed technology choices including trade-off identification and probing for potential needs that would inform these choices
- Strong background in database and search technologies (experience with schema-less technologies and Lucene-based products a plus)
- Excellent problem solving and collaboration skills
- Effectively communicate with non-technical stakeholders and leadership
In addition, you should:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Be able to speak and write in fluent English
- Live within commutable distance of our office in Washington, D.C.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
To apply, please submit your resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.