Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and beautiful products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that foster goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Product team. The position of Product Manager will be located in our Washington, D.C office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Own making the business case to the executive team for the sustained investment in your product
- Define, defend, and socialize the strategy and roadmap for your product
- Be an expert in understanding the specific market pressures and corresponding market needs that shape your product
- Be the subject matter expert for your product and provide support to Sales and Client Success as needed
- Provide appropriate guidance to the engineering teams to ensure the successful completion of Sprints
- Work directly with customers, end users and education industry experts
- Maintain a current and regularly groomed backlog that is dev-ready
- Cultivate and maintain a meaningful partnership with Sales, Marketing, User Experience, Engineering, Client Success, and Senior Executives
You’re passionate about creating innovative products and the opportunity to apply your skills to help us evolve our product team strategies and efforts. You can work well with small, agile teams and with leaders across the organization. You possess strong tactical and execution skills as well as strong strategic capabilities. You are a self-starter, a quick study, and a great communicator, and you are comfortable both giving and receiving feedback. Finally, you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your professional skills and take your career to the next level in our fast-paced startup atmosphere.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Based in the Washington DC metro area
- 3+ years experience as a product manager, product owner (or similar) role in an agile software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with confidence and clarity with different audiences and personalities via electronic, verbal or in presentation forms
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and build consensus across multiple stakeholders
- Experience working directly with customers and end users
- Demonstrated ability to be an independent, creative problem solver
- Proven quantitative based approach for making decisions
Nice to Have
- Prior experience with Data Visualization / Business Intelligence / related products
- Prior experience in the Education industry
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, generous paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
To apply, please visit the job posting: Product Manager.