CUSTOMER SUPPORT MANAGER
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and beautiful products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that foster goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Support team. The position of Customer Support Manager will be located in our Washington, D.C office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
- Establish key performance indicators, operational metrics, and project goals to develop a best-in-class service team
- Develop, mentor, lead and inspire Scholar Services employees, with a focus on developing communication, empathy, and problem-solving skills
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to help drive understanding of key customer issues. Work closely with Product Directors to establish dashboards for prioritizing development work
- Promote user stories company-wide and integrate scholar experience into company culture
- Develop measurements for Scholar Service output that identifies when additional resources are needed and what type of resource and skills are needed
- Cultivate a team culture focused on development and prioritization of new support
collateral and internal training resources to improve the customer support experience, internally and externally
- Define strategy for scaling Scholar Services with company growth, e.g. leveraging customer self-service mechanisms, knowledge bases, and flexible coverage options to meet the needs of a growing customer base
- Work with company leaders to develop a reporting and dashboard strategy that supports a single view of our scholars for all products, including (but not limited to) real time views of critical issues, satisfaction trends, retention, costs and revenue
- Develop quarterly and annual service roadmap in coordination with Director of Client Success
- Facilitate scholar discussions/roundtables to ensure our product and support experience is aligned with their needs
- Research and connect with other leaders in the industry to grow knowledge of support tools and best practices for B2C and B2B support
- Serve as company escalation point during product incidents and lead response for major customer issues
You’re passionate about customer support and the opportunity to apply your skills to help us evolve our support team strategies and efforts. You can work well with small, agile teams and with leaders across the organization. You possess strong tactical and execution skills as well as strong strategic capabilities. You are a self-starter, a quick study, and a great communicator, and you are comfortable both giving and receiving feedback. Finally, you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your professional skills and take your career to the next level in our fast-paced startup atmosphere.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of work experience and 2+ years of direct people management
- Past project management experience
- Experience with CRM and support tools, Salesforce required
- Experiencing building or scaling customer support operations, particularly in fast-paced startup or tech environment
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Demonstrated understanding of best-in-class customer service interactions, troubleshooting and technical support techniques
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated leadership under pressure
- Creative problem-solving abilities and desire for innovation
- Passion for higher education and technology
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, generous paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
To apply, please visit the job posting: Customer Support Manager