CUSTOMER SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and beautiful products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that foster goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Customer Support team. The position of Customer Support Professional will be located in our Washington, D.C office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
The primary focus of the role is to ensure our scholars and university clients have the best experience with our products and services. You will answer all questions related to Interfolio, educating and empowering customers to become better Interfolio users. As a member of our support team, you proactively look for solutions to problems and propose improvements if something could work better. Finally, you’re an ambassador for all internal departments, helping them be successful in their roles while driving product change.
You have experience working service-oriented jobs; experiencing working on a college or university campus is a plus! You enjoy working with small, agile teams and thinking creatively to find solutions. You are a self-started, a quick study, and a great communicator. You’re comfortable both giving and receiving feedback in pursuit of a better product. Finally, you’re looking for an opportunity to develop your professional skills and grow in our fast-paced startup atmosphere.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A big part of your day is going to be spent taking action on support tickets, planning new outreach efforts, or putting out fires behind the scenes. We need someone with the ability to treat each issue with dedication and fervor.
Skills we’re looking for:
- You’re smart. You’re a problem-solver who doesn’t shy away from puzzles that require extra research. You’re able to not only answer a user’s direct question, but also understand where they’re coming from and what questions they’re likely to have next. You can think critically and creatively about situations you’re presented with to ensure our users receive high-quality support across the board.
- You’re skilled. You write and speak well. You have the demonstrated ability to convey empathy, compassion, patience, and urgency in both written and verbal form. You take pride in the quality of your writing and are well-versed in phone etiquette with experience carrying on professional conversations.
- You’re tech-savvy. You stay connected through sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. You’re familiar with different operating systems across various platforms: Windows, Mac, tablets, and phones…anything goes! You’re at home using technology, and you can easily understand and learn a new interface or process.
- You’re team-oriented. You’re comfortable working in groups and happy to put ego aside when searching for the best ideas. Our team is a combination of 31 introverts, extroverts, right brains, and left brains all working hard to deliver products that scholars love to use.
You should also:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree
- Be able to speak and write in fluent English
- Live within commutable distance of our office in Washington, D.C.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, generous paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
To apply, please visit the job posting: Customer Support Professional