SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and useful products for faculty and academic communities. By building an engine for faculty activity, decisions, and data, Interfolio has become the first mover in defining and leading the category of faculty-focused technology that cultivates goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Sales team. The position of Sales Development Representative will be located in our Washington, D.C. office.
Interfolio is committed to diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate.
As a Sales Development Representative at Interfolio, you will:
- Research, identify, and qualify target accounts through effective outreach methodologies and effective communication of our value proposition to key decision-makers.
- Create appropriate lists of prospects and contacts for email/phone campaigns, newsletter distribution, conference attendance, etc.
- Work with and directly support designated Account Executive within a specific territory by developing original and purposeful content and strategically co-developing territory plan.
- Schedule appointments between prospects and designated Account Executive.
- Be responsible for prioritizing and leading prospecting activities through our CRM database.
- Collaborate with sales team members to achieve individual and team goals.
- Learn and comprehensively understand all of our products and services.
- Effectively demo Interfolio’s suite of products via web presentations.
- Represent Interfolio at conferences and other networking events.
- We view this as an entry-level position with a direct professional development path into the Account Executive role.
- Report to Sales Development Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A big part of your day is going to be spent communicating with prospective clients and coordinating with your manager and Account Executives. Strong communication skills and team attitude are requirements.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Smart and strategic mind – we work with top level academic personnel
- Open to learning, receiving, and acting on feedback to improve results
- Seek opportunities for professional development
- Outgoing, charismatic, witty, and positive
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Time management and task management skills
- Strong desire to advance your career in Sales (we love to promote from within!)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Standout colleague and committed to a high-functioning team
- Adaptable in an exciting environment – we’re a start up!
In addition, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong interest in higher education, startups, and/or SaaS technology.
- Be able to speak and write fluently in English (as a minimum requirement).
- Live within commutable distance of our office in Washington D.C.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
To apply, please visit the job posting Sales Development Representative.