Interfolio is on a mission to build smart, inspired and beautiful products for faculty and academic communities. By providing the first administrative enterprise SaaS solution to facilitate academic decision support, Interfolio has built an engine for intelligent decision making in higher education. ByCommittee, Interfolio’s enterprise solution for committee workflow management, provides a platform for analytics and business intelligence to help universities make informed, strategic decisions about recruitment, tenure, and professional service. Interfolio is the first mover in defining and leading the market for faculty support solutions that foster goal-oriented collaboration around academic decision-making.
What’s even better than that? We’ve crafted a fun, collegial, dynamic culture that celebrates team and individual success almost daily. We’ve got a lean team of super-smart, super-hard working, local and remote colleagues who collaborate closely to produce a valuable service for an industry we’re passionate about. And, we genuinely like working with each other and with our clients.
Like what you’ve heard so far?
Then consider joining our Product team to help us build out a new suite of Interfolio products. This position will be located in our Washington, D.C. office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national, social or ethnic origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. Learn more about us at www.interfolio.com.
We’re seeking a thoughtful, insightful, collaborative, and experienced designer to facilitate the translation of concept into experiences. The role consists primarily of producing low and high res wireframes and conducting formative or summative usability tests and the judgement to know when to use them. To do this well, you are able to be(come) the resident advisor on our products and the users that use them. The ability to use data to inform design choices is a plus.
You’d be joining a great team with strong culture and a growing UXD discipline.
As a UX Designer at Interfolio, you will:
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, or mocking up user experiences for digital products – and the judgement to know which tool is right.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups – seek input on those and iterate quickly.
- Able to conduct a variety of usability tests (formative, summative, virtual, in-person, heuristic) and demonstrate discernment in choosing which test.
- Own user stories through execution, collaborating with engineering on implementation questions to arrive at optimal solutions.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Skills we are looking for:
- Five or more years of UX design experience.
- Ability to work with product to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and exceed expectations.
- Knowledge of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, and usability and accessibility concerns (WCAG 2.0).
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
In addition to a competitive salary, Interfolio offers a robust benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid time off, a wellness benefit, and professional development opportunities. Our culture sets us apart – we look forward to you learning more about us!
To apply, please visit the job posting: UX Designer