Leading institutions discuss Faculty Information Systems, diversity in the academy, and adapting during COVID-19
WASHINGTON, D.C. — July 7, 2020 — Interfolio, creator of the first Faculty Information System, hosts its Interfolio Virtual Summit from Thursday, July 9, to Friday, July 10, 2020. In its second year, this event brings together faculty affairs leaders from colleges and universities around the world for thought leadership, networking, and informative sessions.
Centered around the theme “A Community of Practice: Fostering Engagement & Impact in Higher Ed,” the Summit addresses the pressing needs of faculty and institutions at this moment—reliable digital solutions for hiring, review and promotion, activity reporting, and lifecycle management; adaptations required by COVID-19; and actionable practices to confront the systematic racism and inequalities in the field.
“Our vision at Interfolio is to support the essential work of faculty and higher education,” states Andrew Rosen, CEO at Interfolio. “The Interfolio Virtual Summit is an extension of this commitment. By bringing together faculty affairs leaders, we actively build a community of practice and foster a forum for knowledge sharing, all which strengthens the field at large.”
Featured sessions include “Achieving a Diverse and Inclusive Faculty Workforce in the 2020s” with speakers from Florida A&M University, Washington University, George Mason University, and University of California, Merced and “Establishing the Faculty Information System” with panelists from University College London’s School of Management, New York University, and Emory University.
“The opportunity to showcase our story and hear best practices from peers at the Interfolio Virtual Summit is so valuable,” states Paul Welty, Associate Vice Provost for Academic Innovation and Faculty Affairs, at Emory University. “As our institutions face increasing pressures, it’s more important than ever to share resources and knowledge.”
The Summit will be available to watch as a real-time broadcast or through on-demand videos. Summit registration is open to the Interfolio community, free of charge.
View the full agenda of the Interfolio Virtual Summit. A full listing of sessions follows.
- Achieving a Diverse and Inclusive Faculty Workforce in the 2020s with Florida A&M University, Washington University, George Mason University, and University of California, Merced
- “Establishing the Faculty Information System” with UCL School of Management, New York University, and Emory University.
- “Enterprise-wide Change Management: Creating Engagement & Buy-in” with the University of California, Los Angeles and the University of Pennsylvania
- “Innovative Uses of Review, Promotion & Tenure” with Tulane University
- “Tracking Faculty Accomplishments to Improve Teaching” with the University of Missouri
- “Fostering Success in Decentralized Environments” with Yale University and the University of Pennsylvania
- “Why the US Lags in Impact Tracking and Why It Must be Prioritized” with Interfolio
- “Configuring & Understanding Your University Data” with Arizona State University
- “Best Practices for Communicating, Training, and Supporting Your Campus” with the University of Washington, School of Medicine
Conceived by academics for academics, Interfolio is an education technology company headquartered in Washington, DC, USA and in Cambridge, England, UK. Founded in 1999, Interfolio operates the acclaimed Faculty Information System for colleges and universities, the Researchfish impact assessment platform for funders and research organizations, and the widely used Dossier service for individual scholars. Over 300 clients based in 15 countries choose Interfolio’s technology for hiring and recruitment, academic appointments and timelines, activity data reporting, faculty reviews and promotions, and research impact analysis. Interfolio provides scholar-first products for the full academic lifecycle—from job seeking to professional accomplishments, committee service, funding award compliance, career growth and advancement, administrative leadership, and beyond. For more information about Interfolio, please contact email@example.com or visit www.interfolio.com.