Leading institutions will discuss equity, data ethics, and faculty information systems
WASHINGTON, D.C. — July 14, 2021 — Interfolio, creator of the first Faculty Information System, will host its Interfolio Virtual Summit from Thursday, July 15, to Friday, July 16, 2021.
In its third year, this event brings together faculty affairs leaders from over 300 colleges and universities around the world for thought leadership, networking, and informative sessions, to build a robust and evolving community of practice for the field.
Centered around the theme “Advancing the Academic Community: Empowering Scholars to Achieve Institutional Success,” the Summit will address multiple topics relating to the relationship between faculty and institutional success, including —
- advancing strategic goals with a faculty information system;
- streamlining insights into faculty diversity, equity, and inclusion; and
- the social purpose of higher education in the 21st century.
“Each year, the Interfolio Virtual Summit helps faculty affairs leaders learn from one another about useful practices and approaches for supporting faculty development,” says Andrew Rosen, CEO at Interfolio. “This year, we’re particularly excited to include a variety of sessions that provide both a high-level view of higher education goals and detailed discussion of technology and strategies for supporting faculty and institutional success.”
Featured sessions include —
- “Moving to Outcomes: Faculty Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives” with speakers from Stony Brook University, Dartmouth University, Colorado College, and Gettysburg College;
- “Principles of Data Ethics in Higher Education and Why it Matters” with scholars from Universiteit Brussel, New York University, and Tulane University;
- “HBCU Leaders in Conversation” with panelists from Kentucky State University, Morgan State University, and Prairie View A&M University;
- “Contemporary Uses and Configurations of Faculty Activity Reporting” with panelists from Bowling Green State University, The Scripps Research Institute, and Columbia University; and
- “Achieving Strategic Goals with a Faculty Information System” with speakers from Meharry Medical College, California State University-Fullerton, and DePaul University.
“The Virtual Summit is a welcome opportunity to share our story and learn from our peers,” says Dr. Allysceaeioun Britt, Interim Vice President in the Office of Faculty Affairs and Development and Assistant Professor for the Division of Public Health Practice, at Meharry Medical College. “I look forward to hearing about others’ experiences and successes in weathering the storm of the pandemic and preparing for a return to normal campus life in the fall.”
The Summit will be available to watch as a real-time broadcast, with select sessions available on-demand afterward. Summit registration is open to the Interfolio community, free of charge.
The full agenda of the Interfolio Virtual Summit is now available. A listing of all the Summit’s sessions follows.
- Keynote Address: “Beyond Recruiting…Retaining Underrepresented Minoritized Faculty & Graduate Students: First Understand the Barriers, then Dismantle Them” with Dr. Ebony O. McGee, an Associate Professor of Diversity and STEM Education at Vanderbilt University’s Peabody College
- “How to Successfully Lead Change Management and Faculty Adoption Initiatives” with panelists from New York University and George Mason University
- “Stories from the Field: Managing Interfolio Long-Term” with presenters from Interfolio
- “Documenting Personnel Processes and Increasing User Adoption” with speakers from Arizona State University
- “Moving to Outcomes: Faculty Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives” with speakers from Stony Brook University, Dartmouth University, Colorado College, and Gettysburg College
- “Harnessing APIs to Streamline Faculty Hiring with Seamless Integrations” with panelists from Georgetown University
- “Achieving Strategic Goals with a Faculty Information System” with speakers from Meharry Medical College, California State University-Fullerton, and DePaul University
- “Contemporary Uses and Configurations of Faculty Activity Reporting” with panelists from Bowling Green State University, The Scripps Research Institute, and Columbia University
- “Streamlining Insights with Reportable Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Activities” with Emory University
- “The Interfolio Product Roadmap in 2021 and Beyond” with panelists from Interfolio
- “Maximizing Efficiency with Creative Uses of Review, Promotion & Tenure” with speakers from Elizabeth City State University
- “HBCU Leaders in Conversation” with panelists from Kentucky State University, Morgan State University, and Prairie View A&M University
- “The New Power University: The Social Purpose of Higher Education in the 21st Century” with Interfolio’s CEO Andrew Rosen and Professor Jonathan Grant, Senior Advisor to Interfolio UK and a Professor of Public Policy at King’s College London
- “Principles of Data Ethics in Higher Education and Why It Matters” with presenters from Universiteit Brussel, New York University, and Tulane University
- “Using the Interfolio API for Greater Flexibility in Review, Promotion & Tenure” with a presenter from the University of Pennsylvania
Conceived by academics for academics, Interfolio is an education technology company headquartered in Washington, DC, USA and in Cambridge, England, UK. Founded in 1999, Interfolio operates the acclaimed Faculty Information System for colleges and universities, the Researchfish impact assessment platform for funders and research organizations, and the widely used Dossier service for individual scholars. Over 300 clients based in 15 countries choose Interfolio’s technology for hiring and recruitment, academic appointments and timelines, activity data reporting, faculty reviews and promotions, and research impact analysis. Interfolio provides scholar-first products for the full academic lifecycle—from job seeking to professional accomplishments, committee service, funding award compliance, career growth and advancement, administrative leadership, and beyond. For more information about Interfolio, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.interfolio.com