THE MLA JOB INFORMATION LIST & INTERFOLIO
The MLA and Interfolio have come together to offer a streamlined approach to managing the faculty search process. Departments that place an ad in the Job Information List are entitled, at no additional charge, to use Interfolio Faculty Search. Interfolio is a secure web-based tool that academic departments can use to organize applicant files and manage the entire process.
The Interfolio Advantage
- Easy collection, organization and sharing with committee.
- Free to you. Free to candidates. No strings attached.
- Happy faculty, chairs, candidates.
If you are looking to conduct your searches electronically, there are many advantages to using Interfolio. Here are just a few:
- Lower costs for job candidates. When a department uses Faculty Search, the applicant receives a free Interfolio Dossier account, and transmission of all materials in the application is free.
- Simplified search organization. Interfolio provides, in one place, all the information your search committee needs, along with an easy-to-use interface for search committee members to view and evaluate applications.
- No cost to advertising departments. The cost of Interfolio is included in the price of a JIL advertisement.
- Secure access. You determine who administers the search and who views and evaluates applicant files.
Select “Through ByCommittee” when setting up a new listing through MLA’s Job Information List. You will receive a Welcome Email once the MLA approves your posting.
Will Interfolio help my department manage the volume of applications we receive?
Interfolio builds and maintains a candidate file system automatically, organizing application documents as they are requested or received. The platform also gives you tools to automate many communication tasks, such as acknowledging receipt of applicant materials.
Will Interfolio help my department collect EEO documentation for HR?
Interfolio provides departments with an easy way to collect this data from applicants. After you gain access to Interfolio Faculty Search, create an EEO form. Once you create an EEO form, this form can be attached to your search by editing your existing position and adding the application form. If unsure about EEO language, please contact your institution’s HR department/EEO Office for more information.
It’s important to note that while the department can run a response summary of the EEO data collected, detailed applicant responses are only available to specified users within the institution. If you would like the EEO Officer at your institution to have access to this data, the EEO Officer should contact us at email@example.com.
Can my department use Interfolio if my institution requires all job candidates to apply through the application tracking system (ATS) maintained by HR?
Interfolio Faculty Search allows easy export of HR information to a third-party ATS.
Does Interfolio archive candidate files and records connected with searches?
Files and records are retained for as long as you maintain your department’s Interfolio Faculty Search account. Files and records can also be downloaded and stored on local servers and media.
How easy is implementation of Interfolio?
When your department adopts Interfolio, you will receive (by email) guided instructions on how to manage your search. If needed, you can also contact Interfolio’s Scholar Services Team for phone and email support.