How can universities improve faculty hiring?
If you are considering various ways to manage your college or university’s faculty hiring practices and data reporting, you’ll want to see this free technology selection guide from Interfolio. In it, you’ll find specific pointers on what to look for in academic technology intended to manage faculty hiring.
The guide covers technical considerations like:
- Distinct features for committee members, committee chairs, and department staff that support hiring by colleagues
- Administrative features for faculty affairs directors and deans to maintain well-documented, equitable, transparent processes
- Smart treatment of data collection for diversity and EEO officers that both gain comprehensive demographic data and protect applicants’ privacy
- Giving applicants a well-lighted, simple path to present themselves well
- Assessing the effectiveness of different job advertising channels
- Other key functional considerations you should ask of any system to handle academic hiring or recruitment
How does Interfolio know all this?
Founded in 1999, Interfolio offers the first holistic faculty information system to support the full lifecycle of faculty work—from job seeking to review, tenure, sabbatical, committee work, research, and beyond. The system for faculty hiring, Interfolio Faculty Search, was the first enterprise module developed for use on the institutional side. Now with four enterprise modules and in use at well over 200 academic institutions, Interfolio leads the market in innovative research and development of technology designed specifically to benefit both institutions and their faculty.