When technology benefits academic staff, it benefits the institution.
Interfolio serves as the single source of truth for validated data about academic staff and academic decisions—like hiring, research, and review—at your university. It reduces the time academic staff spend on service, enabling an increased focus on teaching and research output and increased student satisfaction.
Founded in 1999 and based in Washington, D.C., Interfolio is currently in use at over two hundred universities of all sizes, including London Business School, Queen’s University (Canada),Yale University, Dartmouth College, Johns Hopkins University, New York University, and others of all sizes.
At universities that use Interfolio to manage academic staff considerations—such as hiring, conducting formal reviews, collecting and reporting upon academic activity data, and academic career development—both the scholars and the institution benefit from:
- Significantly reduced time to process applications for academic positions and promotion cases.
- Consistency in guidelines and process of candidate review.
- Central collection of easy-to-access applicant documents.
- Comprehensive gains in diversity tracking and outcomes.
- Clarity for academic staff on institutional requirements for promotion.
- A private, portable digital Dossier for academic staff (or graduate students) to curate materials over time and communicate their professional story
- Substantially reduced time for academic staff in fulfilling annual review requests and committee duties.
- Transparent and equitable processes that provide insight into progress for promotion cases.