At Interfolio, the health and well-being of our clients, their academic communities, and our employees are always a top priority. As we navigate the rapidly evolving global COVID-19 situation together, here you can find the various actions and precautions Interfolio is taking to serve the higher education community throughout these challenging times.
We have been and will continue to monitor and evaluate the situation, making decisions based on feedback from the UK Department of Health and Social Care, Centers for Disease Control, and World Health Organization, in addition to guidance from local government entities. Our planning and decision-making is centered on current information; of course, we will continue to provide additional information and updates as necessary and appropriate.
Providing continued service and product performance
Interfolio has already taken action to ensure consistency and connectivity of our products and services during this time.
- At this time, we are continuing with normal business operations in the UK and the US—our cloud-based software solutions remain consistent and available, as well as our extensive security, monitoring, and controls.
- All Interfolio teams will remain vigilant and on-schedule, primed to address your needs and expectations.
- We have encouraged our employees to work remotely to ensure that we are mitigating any health issues that may arise during this time.
- The Scholar Services support team will continue their normal support hours:
- 9:00am – 8:00pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, at email@example.com or (877) 997-8807
- Our university partnership team remains available to help you troubleshoot and work through contingency plans as you develop next steps for your campus—online and offline.
Our mission is to provide you with faculty-first technology, enabling you and your institution’s day-to-day success, now more than ever. As we collectively look ahead to next steps, we are here as a constant partner in your planning, support, and success.
We are working with partner organizations to gather and communicate resources you can utilize on your campus. What are some other resources you have found helpful? Are there examples of communication you would like to share with your peers? Do you have any best practices to share around contingency planning? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add to this post.