Perspectives from the Field: An Exclusive Virtual Roundtable
Wednesday, May 26, 2021 | 11 AM–1 PM PT | Noon–2 PM MDT
Join us for thoughtful conversation and networking with peers who face similar challenges as you. How has faculty affairs, and specifically faculty reviews and activity reporting, had to adapt in this past year? How are colleagues looking to evolve in 2021? What can we learn from each other?
In this virtual roundtable, fellow higher education leaders from your region discuss best practices and case studies. Then, in small breakout groups, we invite you to connect, ask questions, and share your expertise.
Learn and chat with these faculty affairs leaders:
Joanna Gregson, Ph.D. | Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs | Pacific Lutheran University
Aneesa McDonald | Faculty Affairs Specialist | University of Wyoming
About our speakers:
Joanna Gregson, Ph.D. is currently the Provost and SVP for Academic Affairs at Pacific Lutheran University. She has a Ph.D. in Sociology, and as a faculty member, Gregson has taught and conducted research in the areas of deviance, gender, and qualitative research methods.
Aneesa McDonald has a B.A. in Communication from the University of Wyoming. Aneesa has been in the Provost’s office since 2005 and has been the Faculty Affairs Specialist since 2010. She serves as the point person for a wide variety of faculty related personnel issues, including the implementation and operation of Interfolio modules at the University of Wyoming.
|11 AM PT||Welcome & Introductions|
|11:15 AM PT||Roundtable Discussion|
|12 PM PT||Breakout Sessions|
|12:45 PM PT||Closing Remarks|
What is a Virtual Roundtable?
This lunch and learn event brings together higher education leaders to intentionally build a community of practice for faculty affairs. Your experience and insight bring a valuable perspective to the conversation, and we look forward to your participation.
We will discuss:
- Best practices for faculty reviews and activity reporting
- Effects of COVID-19 on faculty technology and processes
- Ideas for change management and faculty adoption
What to expect:
- An expert panel on faculty management
- Engaging conversation with colleagues
- Access to peers and Interfolio leaders
- Complimentary lunch, delivered to your door
- Networking with peers “face to face” (or web camera to web camera, as it were)
eBook: Supporting Faculty Careers (During COVID-19 and Beyond)
Download the free eBook to understand:
- What has worked best for colleges and universities that handle faculty affairs processes online
- Why today may be the right time to rethink faculty development programs and resources
- How the Interfolio platform is helping your peer universities adapt to changes in the faculty work experience