Requesting, storing and sending letters of reference using Interfolio’s Dossier
July 9, 2018 / 2:00-3:00 PM EDT
Are you applying to medical school or preparing for the job market?
At the beginning of July, we hosted a free webinar with Q&A outlining the process and benefits of using Interfolio’s Dossier to manage your letters of recommendation. If you need to ensure your letters remain confidential and are error-free before sending them, we can help.
This webinar was fairly straightforward. We introduced the subscription tiers, product, the multiple features, a demo on “how to” request a letter and then demonstrated how to send a letter from your account.
For users with active Dossier Deliver subscriptions, we now perform a quality check on all confidential letters of recommendation as soon as they enter your account. Literally, we have a team of humans that take a look at the document quality of your letter, and then notify you AND your letter writer of any issues.
The webinar covered:
- Requesting a letter. You can request confidential and non-confidential letters using a free Dossier account. The product will also send reminders to your letter writer.
- Performing a quality check on your letter. Once you upgrade to a paid Dossier Deliver account, Team Interfolio reviews your letters for errors such as:
- We check for a signature.
- We make sure there’s an official letterhead.
- We ensure the file uploaded is in fact a letter.
- We verify the letter bears both your name and the letter writer’s name.
- We establish the letter is legible.
- Sending a delivery. Once a letter is in your account, we show you how to send it.