Review, Promotion & Tenure
Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure is a committee-friendly engine for conducting all your academic professional evaluations online—efficiently, fairly, and securely.Get a Demo
Enable Colleagues to Reach Good Decisions Efficiently Online
- Give many hours back every year to faculty and deans who are reviewing colleagues, enabling them to focus on teaching, research, and quality service contributions.
- Equip individual reviewers and committees to focus on the substance of reviews with easy tools for collecting, viewing, annotating, labeling, and routing candidate materials.
- Pick and choose from features tailored for higher education—including not just forms and documents, but also recusal, rebuttal, standing and ad hoc committees, multimedia, and external evaluations—to mirror your exact process.
Give Academics Under Review A Positive Experience
- Make your professional academic reviews into a clear, familiar, affirmative routine.
- Leverage Interfolio’s widely used Dossier service to provide every academic with a familiar, private space to curate materials and accomplishments.
- Optionally, draw upon data from Interfolio Faculty Activity Reporting (Faculty180) and candidates’ past reviews to make packet assembly easy.
Create Consistency and Establish Standard Workflows
- Build workflow templates to govern every type of academic review case that takes place at your institution—not just tenure and promotion, but annual review, appointment, reappointment, sabbatical, merit pay increase, and all others.
- Automatically document that the mandated process was followed in all cases.
- Facilitate consistency across all reviews while preserving appropriate differences between disciplines, ranks, and employment models.
Give Academic Offices Mutual Transparency Into Reviews
- Bring all current and past faculty review cases into a single view.
- Establish a shared source of truth about the current stage of each review, who is on the committee, and what the next step is.
- Identify disparities in review practices and better understand the impact on your administrative workloads.
“All involved praised the online process enthusiastically…Indeed, many comments took the form “Why weren’t we doing this before?”Timothy Austin, PhD, Professor and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Duquesne University
“…With Interfolio, we now have the infrastructure to run efficient review, promotion, and tenure processes, where faculty accomplishments can be put on display.”Austin Cooper, Faculty Relations Manager, Western Washington University
Among technologies used for workflow in higher education, Interfolio Review, Promotion & Tenure is uniquely scholar-friendly.
Usable just on its own, or in conjunction with other parts of the Interfolio Faculty Information System, this Interfolio module permits you to exactly replicate your faculty evaluation practices online—or maybe even improve on them.
Give every academic a familiar, private space to curate evidence of their academic accomplishments throughout their career.
Ensure that each possible type of review at your institution moves through the correct required steps—specific to that type of review, in that academic department, every time.
Read full tenure, promotion, or annual review materials in an online reader, complete paperwork, and fulfill committee service.
Communicate with reviewers, attach required files or forms, take committee votes, honor candidate rebuttal periods, and send cases onward with a click.
Auto-populate cases with CVs and supporting materials from Interfolio Faculty Activity Reporting (Faculty180) and from past reviews.
Request and receive confidential peer input about candidates in a way that reflects positively upon your institution.
Ready for your Faculty Information System?
Contact us today to understand how Interfolio’s scholar-centric technology addresses the needs of higher education and research funders.
Already a customer and need support-related help? Email us at email@example.com.