On-Demand: Virtual Roundtable: Driving Faculty and Institutional Success
The last 18 months have created unique difficulties for every industry—and higher education is no exception. Ongoing change is inevitable, and supporting faculty is even more crucial now. Indeed, faculty are at the crux of institutional success, impacting governance, cost, revenue, student success, inclusion, and rank.
So how can you best support their growth and development?
Listen to the conversation with faculty affairs leaders who are using the Faculty Information System to not only make hiring, advancement, and activity reporting simpler, administratively, for their faculty—but also to make a real impact on a faculty member’s career progression.
With additional visibility into the data and their faculty, universities can explore:
- Is there an equitable service workload across faculty?
- How to address advancement with regards to research and tenure pauses, especially with the disproportionate effect on women, caretakers, and BIPOC faculty.
- What are trends in promotions and advancement, and how can mentoring or additional interventions support early career faculty?
- How to showcase a range of faculty and their research in press and promotional materials.
We gathered for an interactive conversation to hear how the Interfolio platform provides administrators and department chairs data and visibility to support scholars across their career journey.
Kim Eby |Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs| George Mason University
Cheryl Koos | Associate Vice President of Faculty Affairs & Development | CSU Dominguez Hills
What is a Virtual Roundtable?
Interfolio clients shared how our system has enabled positive change and visibility into their faculty advancement processes. Fellow higher education leaders joined us in dialogue—to connect and discuss their best practices, personal examples, and more.
These universities have committed to putting their faculty first. Will you?
- Boston College
- University of Michigan
- Vanderbilt University
- Cedar Crest College
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- Kentucky State University
- Cal Poly Pomona
- John Hopkins University
- Queen’s University
- London Business School
- How the Interfolio product suite can solve your institutions’ unique challenges with regards to faculty career advancement in today’s world
- Why our partner institutions have chosen to partner with us over other vendors or home grown systems
- Best practices for change management and faculty system adoption
Download the free eBook to understand:
- What has worked best for colleges and universities that handle faculty affairs processes online
- Why today may be the right time to rethink faculty development programs and resources
- How the Interfolio platform is helping your peer universities adapt to changes in the faculty work experience