Webinar Series: Liberal Arts Colleges and New Faculty Technology
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 / 2:00-3:00 PM EDT
The first installment in our free webinar series focusing on liberal arts colleges! Find out how these smaller institutions are pursuing diversity goals, improving committee logistics, and gaining buy-in with the help of technology oriented around the faculty role.
If you’re seeking to meaningfully increase the diversity of your institution’s faculty body in the long term, what tangible resources and tools are available to help?
In this free webinar and Q&A session, learn how the Gettysburg College-based Consortium for Faculty Diversity helps member schools—and how they address their reporting and recruitment needs in order to carry out their mission. We hear from Jack Ryan (Gettysburg College) and Bruce King (St. Olaf College), who play leadership roles in the Consortium.
The Consortium, an association of several dozen liberal arts institutions, offers dissertation and postdoctoral fellowships to scholars who will contribute to increasing the diversity of Consortium member colleges. By funding scholars from underrepresented minorities to spend time researching and teaching at small liberal arts colleges across the country, the Consortium offers these candidates a firsthand look at what makes working at a liberal arts college so viable, rewarding, and nurturing as a faculty member.
To manage, sort, and track the applicant pool for these fellowships, the Consortium relies on Interfolio’s Faculty Search recruitment platform. Relevant to any academic institution seeking to improve faculty diversity, Interfolio’s platform includes a wealth of tools that enable diversity officers and committees to:
- Collect Equal Employment Opportunity survey responses from 100% of applicants through the platform.
- Generate real-time reports on applicant pools at any administrative level (as an authorized user) with a few clicks.
- Track the effectiveness of different advertisement venues for jobs.
You’ll Find Out:
- How exactly the Consortium for Faculty Diversity benefits member institutions, and what’s involved in working with the Consortium.
- Why the Consortium sought a more consolidated, usable system for collecting applications and maintaining a pool of candidates.
- How the Consortium’s work has changed as result of adopting Interfolio’s system.
This webinar took place in April 2017.